Progress abeit slow progress but progress nevertheless!
I've been working on one song exclusively the last month and finally have a foundation laid out for a single part in the song. I got into a rut as I couldn't seem to get the right umph out of my guitar and couldn't settle on a bass line for this part. Now, the bass line is there (for now) and I'm getting closer with the guitar sound. I had to use a drop D tuning to get the umph but now I need to find the right combo of amp model and effect from the POD and my array of effects. I have some other ideas for the rest of the song that requires me to fiddle again on the guitar so I still have a long way to go. Definitely taking a long time to do!
I tried out other songs on the electric guitar just to hear how they sound and I have to say, one of them took on a life of it's own. The song had a much more relaxed feel to it on an acoustic but on the electric with some delay and overdrive, the song had an added energy. It was definitely a surprise and something I am going to look into. Haha.
Other than that, it's been tough trying to do much as I've been sick and feeling under the weather. It has been one weird month in terms of how I feel. :P
Ok, that's it. =)
jos










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home