Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Song writing by accident....

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I had a great time spending Christmas in Fort St. John with my brother's family. It was cold (-40C) but it was awesome spending time with my nieces. =) My 2 year old niece can now say Uncle Joseph. Whohooo!

A couple days ago in the midst of another snow day, I started jamming on my electric guitar playing a bunch of worship songs and by accident, I started to pick this really cool progression. I began playing around with my DL4 delay pedal and added some chorus with my tc electronic Modulator. Wow, it sounded so good. I looped it with the DL4 and changed the delay settings and added some tremolo and started to solo on top of it. Man, it felt so good to the ears. It was a simple song as I started to add lyrics on the spot and bam, we have a song! Not sure where it will go though. Like I said, it was simple and for the moment. But, I gotta say, it was nice to have a time like that. It's been almost half a year since I had that a moment like that. =)

let your heart sing,
jos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home