Pre-demoing diary #2
I popped on over to L&M today to see if they had any Apogee Duets in stock. They didn't but I placed a deposit for one (a measly $2 deposit). So, not sure when they will come in but I hope it's during my holidays. It was actually funny because I asked the guy if I can reserve one by placing a deposit on one. He said sure and he said how much I would like to deposit. I'm like...what? Shouldn't you be the one telling me how much? He looked at my confused face and said, it can be anything, one dollar, 10 bucks, the entire price of the device, it's all up to you. So, I said, ok, let me check what's in my wallet. I had a toonie and gave that to him. LOL! It was funny.
I tried out a couple of guitars. They have my acoustic guitar but with a cut out and a LR Braggs pickup. Definitely much better than what I have right now and at a much lower price. I was tempted for about 5 minutes on whether I should get it. Of course, I didn't! Haha. If I was shopping for a new one though, I'd get that one. I also tried out a Gretsch Duo Jet. Now, this guitar is usually placed really high up on the wall so that you have to ask someone to get it for you to try it out. What was weird was that it was hanging on the lowest part of the wall today. This is my chance! So, I picked it up and noticed how light the guitar was. On the outside, it looked like a solid body guitar like a Les Paul. I was expecting it to be heavy but it was so light. I later found out that it was semi hollow but it didn't have the f holes on the body. Anyways, I tried it out and I really liked it. The Bigsby tremolo is awesome! The only thing I didn't like was that the neck was a bit too thick for me. I have small hands so, it was hard to wrap my hand around and do some bar chords. Oh yeah, I didn't like the price too....man...why do these guitars have to be so much! Before I get tempted again, I just went and picked up some strings, paid for it and left with a good feeling that all I spent was $12. lol!
Anyhoo, I did a writing session yesterday instead of playing with Live. There's this song that has been brewing inside of me since my mommie had her stroke. I've tentatively called it "Calling You Out". It's a song that deals with faith and hope, confusion and desperation. It really flowed out pretty quick although I need to go back and refine it. I've written another song that focuses on what I'm called to do but it was more free writing than song writing. So, I'm not sure what will come out of that.
So, that's it for an update. Take care everyone!
jos










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home