One month on...
It's been a while since I wrote here. After my mommie's stroke, there really wasn't a desire to write other than sending out emails to family and friends to update on my mommie's condition. Praise God that my mommie is doing well now and pretty much back to normal. =)
Going through this time made me realize a lot of things in life. I realized that things that I thought were important aren't really important at all. I realized how much I needed family and friends. I realized that the problems that I was going through in my life was nothing compared to what my mommie was going through...my problems were so much smaller. I realized how much I really loved my mommie and my dad. And most importantly, I realized that God still hears our prayers and He still answers them and He STILL HEALS TODAY as He did yesterday. Amen!
Events like these always changes us. It has certainly changed me. All I want is to see my mommie make a full recovery and doing anything and everything I can to help. It means sacrificing work. It does mean sacrificing some of my friendships and just hanging out with friends for the time being. Right now, there's no place that I'd rather be than beside my parents.
It's been emotionally draining. I really don't know how we got up every morning, spend like 8-12 hours at the hospital during the first week my mommie was there. I was starting to forget things, forget who called, forget to eat, forget to wear warm clothing...it was tough. But I'm thankful because of all who came to visit, who prayed, and who gave so much for us. Wow...thank you.
Anyways, I'll do more reflecting but life is so precious right now for me. I'm appreciating it more and I know that when my mommie's 100%, I need to start living. Here I come!
jos










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home