The Train
It's just after 2pm on Christmas Day. I sat on a bench at the train station waiting for the next train to head down to the States. In my hand was a way one ticket. Tears came down my eyes and the thought of leaving on this day was hard. Passengers have just arrived from Calgary and family members greeted them with cheers and hugs. There's the grandparents hugging their grandchildren as they step off the train. Over there, by the second train cart, a handsome young man kisses his fiance. It was such a blissful sight seeing everyone coming together to celebrate the holidays...celebrating the birth of Christ...the reason for Christmas.
About half an hour later, things at the train station was quiet. There were a few hisses and whistles from the main train engine. The air was a bit crisp and cool and the sight of a snowflake floating down in front of me signaled that a white Christmas was about to happen. I bundled up and put my mittens on. My train was almost set to leave. I looked down at my luggage. It's amazing what you can pack in a luggage nowadays.
I stood up and took a deep long breath. Wow, the air was cold now. I looked over my shoulder. No one was going on this train but me it seemed. Alone again. At least I will have a good seat. I handed my ticket to the conductor. He punched the ticket and handed it back to me. I walked in and it was nice and warm. I picked a seat in the middle of the train and placed my luggage in the luggage compartment above me.
I sat down on the comfy seat, pulled out my ipod and started listening to some music. Note for a Child was playing. God, this is so hard to do. I knew that this journey would be hard but God, I was hoping that there would be people with me. I was hoping that someone would walk with me, God.
The final whistle blew. The train started to move. The last tear came down my cheek and I started to smile. He was right there sitting beside me with his arms around me. And He whispered..."I am here. " And then He said..."At each stop, there will be someone who will be willing to walk with you. I promise."
And as the train reached full speed, I began to let go and sleep and waited for the next stage to begin. It is my destiny.










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home