Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Being the listener and almost crying...

I was listening to a friend pour out his heart today. It was very hard to keep back the tears...hearing him speak, seeing his eyes get glazed, then hearing the trembling in his voice. It was tough. As I got in the car, I really wanted to call someone but I really didn't know what to say. His sharing really affected me because part of what he said made me realize how much I've put work first instead of family and friends. I sat in my car, driving away, wanting to call someone. I had an idea about doing a spontaneous drive somewhere with someone and was about to dial until I realized maybe it wasn't such a good idea at the moment. Came home, locked myself in my room, and just digested what transpired.

God...I don't know what to say...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home