Friday, April 07, 2006

Writing out my heart in freestyle....

(written in front of my comp, looking at everyone online...at 12:19am...way past my bed time...and listening to Derek Webb talk about friendships and being vulnerable...)

Sitting in front of a screen
Looking at who's online
Will I get a hello there?
Will I get some support?

It's funny how dependent
We've all come to be
Of this technology
What happened to conversations

Emails and text messages
Once made me feel better
It's so easy to just ignore
It's so easy not to answer

So, when did it drift this way
Can we not just chat over coffee
Or maybe even over some bbt
Is it because we're all so busy?

What happened to the time we had
Was all this suppose to free us
If I had a terrible day
Would you take 5 minutes to pray?

How much do we know each other
How much do we really care
What if I am taken away
Will anyone take any notice

We all make some excuses
But if it's a friend in need
Would you run or would you hide
Would you even question why

It's funny to even ask
It's stupid to bring this up
Does it make us uncomfortable
To admit that we're like this

So, where do we go from here
Are we too afraid to take a step
Are we scared that we might fall
Or is it just complacency?

If I lay my life down for you
Would you lay your life down for me
I guess I know the answer
I guess that's why I am here

And all I see around me
Everyone seems to be happy
Everyone seems to have each other
Except for me
Except for me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home