Top CDs of 2005
Here is a quick summary of my top 2005 cds that I purchased. Surfer music by Jack Johnson and celtic music pretty much dominated my ears with the exception of the latest from Superchick.
In Between Dreams - Jack Johnson- Cindy and Ingrid kept saying this dude was good. I didn't believe them until I started to demo some of his stuff and I was wow'ed. I really love this guitar work and his laid back vocals. The songs are very catchy and if you know all the words, they just flow right out of your mouth. Simply an amazing album. Of course, hearing how good this one is, I went out and bought his previous two offerings as well. JJ is definitely my new discovery of 2005.
Eternal Curve - Note for a Child- There's not a whole lot of mention in the music world about this group. Their previous cd got rave reviews and yet, hardly anyone has heard of Note for a Child. In their latest album, they progress in their music and I must say, its a beauty. With beats from drum machines or African drums to atmospheric pads, this cds takes you on a journey. And the lyrics...oh dear...simply amazing. If you like meditative music, this one is a must.
The Mission Bell - delirious?- Ah, one of my favorite bands released yet another cd. Do they ever stop? Although I wasn't too excited about this latest cd, it definitely has grown on me. Take off My Shoes is simply the best song that delirious? has done in 5 years. Period. The emotion and passion in that song reminds me of Obsession. Very epic. The message is clear on this CD. We as a church must wake up and see the world around us and start doing what we are called to do.
Life - Andy Hunter- I was not a dance music lover. After 2 years of seeing Andy Hunter at YC, things began to change. I started to like it. This EP is great driving music as my bro and I found out while driving down to Cali.
mmmhmmm - Relient K- Punkarama! LOL! The songs on this CD has helped me so much the past couple of months...especially the last song, When I Go Down. That song...all of its contents, lyrically and musically, describes my life. There are lots of cheeky songs on here too which I find funny. =)
Songs for Luca - Various- The celtic revival came when I listened to this CD. I started to go back to my Iona cds, bought some solo stuff from the members of Iona, as well as Eden's Bridge. I really like this CD because it has a variety of celtic and jazzy music. Well over 120 minutes of music...you can't go wrong.
Beauty from Pain - Superchick- And finally, the CD that kept on spinning in my CD player for the longest time this year because it was so catchy and the lyrics were amazing. We Live is probably the most convicting song to me personally this past year. It may have spurred me on to go to Gautemala. Give it a listen. It's amazing. Check out Max's blog off to the right there to find more info on Superchick.
Over and out!
jos










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home