Identity Crisis
Pastor Tim talked about our identity and how each person is different and unique. I got an email from a friend about a month ago asking "who am I". The past two weeks, I've been asking myself what do I want to be? Coincidence? Or is the Spirit trying to talk to me?
Another friend shared with me how I have the potential to base some of my identity with my relationships with friends and how that could be dangerous if some of those relationships turn sour. At first, I was like...really? Are you sure? But after a few moments of thinking...I thought...whoa...yeah...I can see it happening. And sure enough, different moments popped up in my head of how I have placed part of my identity in my relationships and how I got lost along the way when some of them just went by the way side.
I've found that if I'm to find my identity, I need to know more of God not about God. I've found that if I'm to find my identity, its not based off of my parents dream for me or what the world wants me to be. However, we're always distracted and busy and lose sight of what our goal is in life. My identity needs to be centered in Christ. I was created by Him...fearfully and wonderfully made...and have Him in my make up. By knowing Him, I will find myself.
singing my heart out,
jos










1 Comments:
why is it that you write 'indentity'?
or maybe -- GASP!!! -- I wasn't listening properly! lol.
oh btw, to start off..maybe some diana krall is nice :P though i do fall asleep and get bored at times. hehe! michael bublé isn't bad either!
Post a Comment
<< Home